Saturday, 8 August 2026

Hooked On Hats

 At the start of her Norfolk Holiday, Rosie found a lady with a little stall, selling goods for charity. She fell in love with this crocheted sunflower hat, and happily handed over £2 for it. Yesterday Ro and I had to go into Norwich together - lots of people commented on the hat! It is the sort of thing I'd have worn back in the seventies.Careful inspection revealed it to be 5 granny squares and a frill.
Internet research has produced the free pattern if you want to make your own. I cannot guarantee you will look as charming as she does though!

12 comments:

  1. The charm of Rosie's hat is the granny squares look like sunflowers. Such a sunny pattern, and then there is Rosie's sunny smile to match! £2 seems a ridiculously small amount for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was particularly pleased that her pocket money was going to charity too.🩷

      Delete
  2. I love hats and Rosie has found a beautiful bargain on her holidays. Will you make one for Jess? Or yourself? Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful. I like shady hats too. My latest is a raspberry pink bucket hat, new from the BHF charity shop. One scorching day they put all the children’s sun hats out front and sold them at 50p. A generous act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very thoughtful. My winter hat was from.a £1 bin in a CS in Salisbury!

      Delete
  4. A lovely hat for a lovely girl. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie looks so cute in her hat! Thank you for posting the links to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd find it relatively easy Bless

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!