Blogfriends will know how much I love words, their meanings and their history
In Greek. lego means I say
In Latin, it can be mean I collect or I assemble
And in Danish 'leg godt' means play well
All the grandchildren enjoy Lego, George especially [I am convinced he has more Lego people than there are people living in this village!] So I was interested in a Lego storage unit which I saw at the Yard Sale. I took a photo, and put it in the family WhatsApp group. Steph responded positively so I bought it. The seller apologised that the front bottom bar was missing. I said I that was no problem, I was married to a guy from the Men's Shed!
We brought it home. I put the bins in the bath [they were not very dirty. just a bit dusty] and Bob added a front bar, a backbar, and a back panel to stop the drawers pushing right through. All scrap wood from his Stash. The pink baseplate on the top reveals this is actually a Strictly Briks piece which is Lego compatible. So I tried out a Duplo Cowboy from the Toybox and he seemed quite happy. Now all we have to do is plan a trip to Manchester [not sure |I could manage this on the train!]
What a bargain for £4!

Well spotted and it will be well used I’m sure. I remember Norrie made Leanne a similar thing about 45 years ago with a pine ottoman that he glued a large baseboard to the top of. She would have been ecstatic to get the pink board! Catriona
ReplyDeleteπ
DeleteWhat a find! What a restoration!
ReplyDeletePlans underway for a trip to Manchester to deliver it!
DeleteBargain indeed!!!
ReplyDeleteπ
DeleteWhat a brilliant buy, and it's good to be married to a Men's Shed man isn't it. Me and my brother would have loved this back in the day, we were both Lego mad when we were growing up. π
ReplyDeleteMy Shedman is wonderful. All my grandchildren enjoy Lego
DeleteThat’s a lovely find and great restoration
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
π
DeleteI love it! So colorful and so very useful plus made even more meaningful because Grandma spotted it and Grandpa fixed it up! JanF
ReplyDeleteA family project
DeleteYou do find the most amazing bargains!
ReplyDeleteJust in the right place at the right moment
DeleteI love good storage. Wonderful work from Bob to renovate it. That will be a blessing for the Lego collection whenever you can get it to George and the family.
ReplyDeleteπ
Delete