Thursday, 8 October 2026

Hanging Around

When we were on holiday in Cyprus, I was quite taken by the bath mat in our ensuite. It had a grommet on one corner, and there was a useful hook beside the shower for hanging it up. For years I've had a bath mat, a pedestal mat by the loo, and an L shaped mat round the corner of the shower. 

Talking to Liz, we both agreed that the heavy duty towelling shower mats are good because they are easy to sling in the wash. I picked up a pair of white ones in IKEA and then added a pair of blue ones. They were £5 each.

Bob bought a double hook from Screwfix and fitted on the wall beside the shower. Thanks, Bob 
I fitted grommets to one corner of each mat
I'm very happy with the new arrangement. 





22 comments:

  1. That's a very useful upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really practical idea. I am a big fan of hooks. I added a small stick-on one to the back of the small bookcase my phone sits on. I don't want it charging up all the time, but nor do I want to have to get down and reach behind the bookcase to unplug it. I can easily put the charging cord over the hook and retrieve it when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I am eyeing the old towel I use as a bathmat in my bathroom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea, and one that is so easy to copy. It's little things like this that just make day to day living that little bit easier isn't it. I may need to copy this as I currently put the bath mat over the side of the bath after I use it to get out of the shower on to, but I won't have a bath in my soon to be new bathroom, so this idea would work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Screwfix have a good selection of hooks - and I am sure Alan is one of their regular customers

      Delete
  5. Susan From Across the Pond8 October 2026 at 15:54

    So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple solution, a great and practical idea!
    I hope others will send in more suggestions.
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only have one mat in the bathroom and shower room too. I like the towelling ones best for washabilty. Good idea to make them able to be hung up when not in use. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps them out of the way. And washability is an important consideration

      Delete
  8. That's a great, clearly thought out way of arranging things. You give great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just passing on a clever idea I saw in my friends' home.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Often the simplest solution is the best one

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!