Sunday, 4 October 2026

The October Calendar Picture

At first I thought the bear was contemplating a field full of cinnamon rolls, but now I realise they are hay bales.
If you have this calendar yourself, please compare that one with this picture, and spot the difference. I was slightly annoyed that there was a spelling mistake on the original. It took me a while to photoshop the correction.

But the statement is true - we all need to go somewhere silent sometimes and shut out the noise of the day. It is good for our mental health. I had not realised just how much I would appreciate the noise cancelling headphones I bought myself at the start of the summer. 

The world can be a very noisy place at times. Silence is golden, and we need to appreciate it, to learn to listen for the still small voice...

Where is your quiet place?


16 comments:

  1. Noise cancelling headphones would have saved my sanity last week!
    I used to remind the children that silent is an anagram of listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now everyone is wondering where the spelling mistake was?!

    Sometimes things can be too quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the longest word...
      Yes, you are right - there are sometimes seemingly endless periods of aching silence, when one would give anything just to hear the voice of a much missed loved one again.

      Delete
  3. For me it’s in the garden or sat in my kitchen chair doing crochet
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crochet is not my skill - so I sit there muttering furiously to myself

      Delete
  4. I love your calendar. The pictures are cute and it has good messages! When we lived in our old house there was always noise from traffic. Now living in our apartment I love to go out on our balcony and just stand there, enjoying the silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was odd at the weekend to sleep in a front bedroom on a busy London street - I have adjusted to the quiet of our little Close in the country

      Delete
  5. I love the little bird leaning over ! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a tinnitus sufferer I never have the luxury of silence and to help blank out the constant buzzing I have my radio on all day as music helps
    Jane Nottinhamshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinnitus is a frustrating, draining condition. I suffer from it occasionally - I am truly sorry for you

      Delete
  7. being in our home by myself is my quiet place I like to be. I now see cinnamon rolls too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon rolls and a cup of tea and quietness....

      Delete
  8. Now I'm wanting a pan of freshly baked cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting! My quiet place is probably my bedroom, unless the neighbor's dog decides to bark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an American treat which 8s now very popular in the UK. But they are very sweet.

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!