My latest square is the one on the bottom of the front cover, that attracted me to the book in the first place. [this is Block # 82 Dash ] It turns out to be another slip stitch pattern, with 4 rows stocking stitch and two rows [both ‘knit’] with a pattern of 2 slipped stitches which gives this neat broken ridge effect. There are 13 ridge rows- 5 using two contrast colours and 8 in the main colour. It reminded me of waves breaking on the seashore!
We have been up at the coast a lot in recent weeks, visiting my friend in the care home. From her window you can see the way the water appears to be different colours.
I used white and navy blue as the two contrasts [as per the book] but my main colour was Hayfield Bonus dk yarn in a random dye shade called ’Breeze’. I liked the variations in blue – very sea-like!
Because of the randomness of the yarn, they have come out slightly different in
appearance. And as they are unblocked, they have wavy edges. I couldn’t decide which one to send Kirsten, so I closed my eyes, and chose
one at random It seemed appropriate!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!