Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Monday Madness

We went over to Kings Lynn to collect my embroidery machine [a long overdue service] and Liz and the girls came with us. We had a fun time exploring charity shops. Then we came back to Cornerstones. By our front door is a green bin for parcels. I keep a brick in it, to stop it blowing over. When we come home, we lift the lid, and usually say "just a brick!" Rosie has shortened this now to JAB! Today Jess ran to the bin and said Jab! But on the doormat was this card

We checked the parcel bin again. Then the big wheelie bin round the corner. The parcel was there.

Fortunately the bin was otherwise empty. But that is not a safe place!!!
The other bit of post had the most wonderful address
I love the idea of Bob Almond at His Shed.
He went off to do stuff, as did Liz. I was with the girls.
I'd promised Rosie she could have some nail varnish I didn't want. 
Jess volunteered to paint my toenails for me. 
I was given no choice about the colour.
I really must get her Auntie Steph to give her some tuition!
The things we grandmas do!





27 comments:

  1. I'm sure your feet will be a great conversation starter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 'safe place' is the shed; but we have three of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your back garden is not a safe place right now, it's a building site!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving, "His Shed."
    Also giggling at your profesh manicure!!! Bless Jess!
    Some of the delivery people make me cross, as we have a perfectly good covered porch and a handy bush to hide parcels in. And the NUMBER of times I've come home and not known there is a parcel and found it slung over my dude gate, soaked in the rain or tucked behind my bin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how funny. A really "fun" pedicure. 😁 Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where we live the wheelie bins are considered a safe place. Things are even safe just left at the front door. The best ever card left by a postman for a hidden parcel was when we lived in Wales. His card said 'parcel behind the pumpkin/marrows. I found it after a little search.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless Jess. She did at least get the toes.
    Not sure I could do much better these days which is why my toenails are unadorned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ–Œ️ 🦢 πŸ–Œ️ 🦢 πŸ–Œ️

      Delete
  7. we have no safe place here, they just throw things on the front porch. If it's windy and it's light they usually end up in the flower bed in the garden :0(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do wish they wouldn't throw things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet pedicure for you. 😊
    Mostly our deliveries have been fine but occasionally there has had to be a search party go look for a stray parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They either chuck parcels over side gate or leave them propped up by the front door. Iris took us shopping today, a tub of slime, some lipgloss, a stripey jumper for her and a reduced top and shorts for the baby. She has painted her fingernails alternate yellow and blue, her nails are in better condition than mine. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love alternating colours don't they?

      Delete
  11. Our packages are usually left by the mail box (in the driveway), in the walkway leading to the front door, or by the front door (usually blocking the security door which opens outward; if the package is heavy, I can't open the door to collect the package and have to go around from the back door!) Sometimes, however, my packages get tossed into the neighbor's yard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Jess-i’m not much better nowadays at doing my own nails. Norrie used to paint mine but this year I did it myself but have hardly had my bare feet since. £40 this morning for Norrie’s toenail cutting which is every eight weeks. Worth it to save him incurring any cuts or nicks if he does it himself. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob saw the podiatrist this week too. She did not paint his nails 🦢🦢

      Delete
  13. We have a long driveway and delivery vehicles come up to the door, put the package on the mat and take a photo, after taking one of the name and number signs at the road. One time I opened the door when the man arrived but he was so busy taking a photo that he didn't seem to realize that I was right there to receive the package! You were brave allowing Jess to paint your toenails. Oh, the love of a Grandma, shows no limits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some drivers are definitely better than others. And kind neighbours who keep an eye out for deliveries when they know we are away, are wonderful. We are fortunate not to suffer from "Porch Pirates" round here!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!