๐๐๐๐๐งข๐๐ฉณ๐งฆ
Last week, I shared my Sudoku Packing Plan. The idea was to take a selection of separates which would combine to make various outfits. Did it work? Mostly yes. But there were a few mistakes.- I hadn't realised it would be so hot or that I'd spend so much time I the pool. One, not two, pairs of trousers would have worked along with the shorts [see below].
- I took a pair of brand new shoes, and developed a blister.
- Having use of a washing machine meant I could have managed with far less underwear and fewer tops.
- I never wore the blue sarong/scarf at all.
- I somehow only packed one pair of socks, but Bob let me borrow a pair of his trainer socks
Good things
- At the last minute I tucked my shorts in the case. These got worn a lot.
- I was able to create various outfits - very satisfying.
- The lightweight cotton robe [for breakfast in pj's, or sitting round the pool] was quite superfluous, worn once.
- The folding M&S sun hat and CS baseball cap both got a lot of use
- The jewellery suggested by my Family Fashion Advisers meant I could dress things up or down.
I realised I was feeling more confident about my shape than I've been for ages, even though I weigh a little more than I'd like. So I splashed out on a new bikini. I have not had a bikini since 1978!
Wendy took me to her three favourite clothes stores- I came away with a smart top [on my wardrobe wishlist] and a cool linen-mix dress [to wear next time I visit Cyprus?!] She is very persuasive!
Wendy took me to her three favourite clothes stores- I came away with a smart top [on my wardrobe wishlist] and a cool linen-mix dress [to wear next time I visit Cyprus?!] She is very persuasive!
Bob bought a lightweight cotton collarless shirt, cooler than his teeshirts [both in fabric and styling!]. His fleece remained unworn until we got back to England in driving rain, in the early hours of Friday morning.
Main lessons learned
- I hadn't allowed for the hot weather, which made it was so easy to wash and dry things. Wendy was really helpful, and so I was able to do a final wash first thing on Thursday morning, and therefore had a suitcase full of clean clothes to bring home!
- Next time I go, I will pack two or three dresses - although my trousers were linen, and elasticated waist, they still felt quite hot. My long skirt was cool and breezy.
๐๐๐๐๐งข๐๐ฉณ๐งฆ
I will use this method again.
Other holiday pictures to follow later...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!