I was enjoying a leisurely breakfast on Saturday when Bob said "There's a Yard Sale on Etling Green today, I passed a sign yesterday" EG is 2½ miles south of Cornerstones. It was 9.30am. So I got out of my pjs and dressed quickly. And off we went. It was the farm next door to the house where my best friend used to live. The guy is moving house this week, selling off bits and bobs. He was very friendly, and remembered Chris and her family. "We moved here from Swanton Morley just before they left" he told us.
We said we were from Swanton - it turns out he used to live in the Close, in the bungalow next-door-but-two! He asked after some of the neighbours and we had a good chat - mostly reminiscing about older residents of the Close no longer with us. He didn't have any tools for sale - and Bob resisted buying an old tractor and a beer fridge. I went through a biscuit tin of cottons and took out the four spools I felt were the best quality, and most useful. "How much?" I asked "Oh you can have them for nothing!" he said.
This is a surprisingly busy week, lots of different things happening. But I am getting increasingly excited about next Tuesday - the British Museum Visit. I must just "possess my soul in patience" for a few more days...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!