Friday, 4 September 2026

You Gotta Pop A Pocket Or Two!

Someone posted in a Community FB group to which I belong. Her daughter had been receiving treatment at our local hospital, but they'd referred her on to Great Ormond Street who were brilliant. Mum wanted to "give something back" in gratitude - and was appealing for local stitchers to make some "NG pouches" [sometimes called "tubie pockets"]
Online these can cost up to £15 each
These are simple, washable pockets to hold nastro-gastric tubes tidily [and can be pinned safely out of reach of fiddling fingers!] Most are around 10cm square. How hard can it be?
The Norfolk Mum had posted a picture, so I made a cardboard template. She wanted the simple pockets, not the pones with an attached clip. I set up a production plan, and  easily made forty in a day, using scraps from THE Great Stash. I already had a poppa gadget and supplies. I used some floral prints, and some which were 'child friendly' - cars, dragons, fairies, teddies. 

Mum was very grateful, she said in her post she wanted 100 pockets. I hope that she exceeds that target,. and I am sure GOSH will be pleased too.
Do you have any experience of these little pockets?








1 comment:

  1. What a great idea and how talented you are
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!