Sunday, 11 October 2026

Seeking God's Peace

This is the title of a prayer by Nick Fawcett, which Bob found on the Baptists Together website, and used last Thursday when he was leading a time of worship [for our group of Retired Baptist Ministers and Spouses] I thought it was a good one to share here on the blog

Breathe your peace within me, Lord
    peace such as only you can give.
When I fret about tomorrow,
when I worry about my loved ones
when I question whether I can cope
when my stomach feels knotted 
    and panic rises within me
help me to hear your still small voice
rebuking the wind and waves
stilling the storm
calming the roiling waves
and in place of turmoil bring tranquillity
    in place of chaos, quietness
    in place of a troubled, anxious spirit
    rest for my soul.
            Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!