Friday 6 September 2013

Flagging!

That’s it! Even if Kate and William* come begging and ask me to produce Regal Decorations For The Royal Christening, I shall decline. I am not making any more bunting during 2013!

IMG_0710

I have just produced some for the school where I currently have some part-time supply work – and I was happy to do that because my colleagues are lovely people, and I had some time on Wednesday and Thursday when I could do it. 

IMG_0711I have made some triangular stuff for the role-play area. The brief was ‘stars&sparkly’ – and I had some Christmas fabrics leftover from last year’s family buntingfest, and also some stuff from Sandie and her sister Rita – 6 different prints in all. I did 2 lengths of 15 flags.

The backing is a pretty lilac print [also from Sandie- thanks!] but that will probably be against a wall so won’t show.

Then I made some rectangular bunting, using a fat quarter [again from S&R] which had 14 animal motifs.

IMG_0705IMG_0706

The backing for these is the same blue stripe I used for the Cornerstones Summerhouse stuff in July

IMG_0704IMG_0708

Three bundles, all ready to go into school next week

IMG_0712

*I might reconsider if H.M. asked for some, or possibly Benedict Cumberbatch. But nobody else, not this side of Christmas!

kingsway bunting

4 comments:

  1. I love the animal bunting...pretty please?! (No, not really! But it is great fun! The school is lucky to have such a skilled supply teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what print would you use for Mr BC?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A repeating pattern of seven triangles thus… a study in scarlet, some red circles, then one decorated with five orange pips, maybe a smiley yellow face, a green speckled band, an embroidered blue carbuncle, a purple design of lettering in Baskerville type – and obviously, as a finale, a last bow to tie it up with!

      Delete
    2. Draped between the living room and kitchen at #221B?
      Jane x

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!