Sunday 13 October 2019

Moving Forward

I should have been spending this weekend away in Northampton, with friends. All of us are married to Baptist Ministers. I've been coming to this conference, which happens every two years, since Bob began in ministry [and my mother attended in the years before that] I'm sorry to miss it.

It is a special time of encouragement, support, caring, sharing, laughing, and learning together. 
Our group has recently 're-branded' under the name "Thrive" and the new committee are working hard. Our conference theme is "Moving Forward"
I don't know if they were thinking of the MLK quote when they chose that title. But it is one I have certainly found challenging in recent months...

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to miss out on attending the conference and I'm sure your friends there are missing you being there, too. But, you are where you need to be, right now. Good words to live by. Keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you are having to miss the conference.
    Yes - on-ward and forward is the only way to go - no point going backwards at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote. Hoping things work out ok for you Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if the committee were thinking of it, but the speaker definitely used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it was a brilliant weekend. Glad you all enjoyed it

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!