Friday 19 September 2008

Sewing notes

Other people seem to use their sewing machines for dressmaking, or curtains, or beautiful patchwork projects. I seem to be stuck in a rut, producing functional items like PA covers and the like.

This week I have made my young friend Matthew a bag in which to carry his keyboard to school. It was entirely from The Stash, so cost nothing. I was especially pleased with the zip top - two zips meeting in the centre [rescued from old, discarded garments, probably from the last millennium] OK, one is white, the other blue - but they both work!

IM002838

IM002839

The rest of the week has been taken up with teaching [three different schools in three days - but all great fun] and pastoral stuff.

I wasn't planning on teaching today - so the housework has been neglected [again] - I'll think about it tomorrow [after I have planned my Sunday School Lesson]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!