Tuesday 9 September 2008

A splash of colour

In between all tIM002774he sewing activities yesterday, I took a break to finally make the Budweiser Bread. It did not rise as much as I had hoped, and although it looks OK, it has a peculiar dense texture. Surprisingly it does not taste beery at all!

I shall have to ask Mark for some more free samples and see if I can find a better recipe.

 

Lynn over at All Things Bright and Beautiful has been blogging about seeking out colour during this grey and miserable weIM002775ather. Marion and Sarah kindly brought me a bunch of flowers last night.

They have certainly added vivid splashes of colour to the dining room.

This morning we got up in a more leisurely manner and had a late breakfast, then we watched the Steve Price Magic DVD.

REMEMBER check how long a DVD lasts before you impose it on friends and family! Watching it by myself on Friday, I hadn't taken in how long it was. It is certainly excellent value for money. But once it had finished, it was definitely time for elevenses.

The other two left for Norfolk, via Aldi, and I got the covers all finished. Marion thinks Adrian will want some too. Perhaps next year I should get a stand at Plasa?!

I was pleased to hear on the radio that IBM and another company are going to help with the restoration costs for Bletchley Park. Good news for James Cary and the rest of the Hut 33 fans.

Some more colour...

IM002776

 

Charlie the dog is a lot happier today, but the electrics are still being weird.

 

It was lovely to see Marion and Sarah and catch up on all the news. Maybe next time we will go over to them in Norfolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!