Lucy, the wife of another Baptist Minister, who blogs at "Looking for Something Deeper" has kindly awarded me the Honest Scrap Blog award. Lucy has ME and writes a thoughtful blog which has honest and inspiring posts.
In order to accept the award, it is necessary to follow these instructions:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
OK - ten honest things about myself - in no particular order!
- I try to send hand-made Christmas cards each year, and they must have a nativity theme, all about Jesus, never Santas or snowmen!
- I usually make the cards at the end of December/beginning of January and then pack them away with the Christmas decorations for 11 months!
- I have made my family Christmas Cake every year since 1979 [except once when I bought an awful one from Asda] using the same recipe from my Good Housekeeping Cookbook.
- But I always replace the brandy in the recipe with cold tea! [teetotal family background, no brandy in the house, and tea is infinitely cheaper! And the great Margeurite Patten endorses this practice]
- I love singing hymns, but do not consider "One More Step Along the World I Go" to be a Christian Hymn, so if that is chosen for a service, I stand there with my mouth firmly shut.
- I also feel hymns should be accurate, so if we sing "These are the Days of Elijah" then when everyone else sings about "David, rebuilding the temple" I sing Solomon. Similarly, I cannot sing "Mister Cow" [It should be MRS Cow or Mr BULL!]
- I am finding doing blog awards increasingly difficult to do - so this is my last one, so here and now I am declaring Tracing Rainbows to be a tagfree, award free blog.
- I consider a very self-disciplined person, if I say I will do something, then I will do it.
- Except diet and exercise
- ...and housework, sometimes. This is supposed to be an honest list!
Thank you for the award Lucy - but this is the end of the line - so I shall not pass it on to 7 others - but rather say Thank You to all the blog-friends whose writings bring me much amusement, inspiration, friendship and joy.