Friday 17 February 2017

Ooops!

 ...I completely forgot. I meant to do a post about this little chap's birthday on Wednesday, when he turned 40, and it slipped my mind. Morph - the lovable little Plasticine character created by Peter Lord in 1997 has reached middle age. 

Back in 1977, Aardman Animations, run by Peter Lord and David Sproxton, was a very low budget outfit. 

They made their little models and painstakingly moved them and took a picture, then moved them again...Stop - Go animation was a slow and incredibly tedious process. No computer animations and CGI back then. 
Morph was a feature on the brilliant long-running "Vision On" art programme, fronted by the gifted and inspiring Tony Hart. In brief film clips he delighted and amused us [I used to watch the show in my student digs, with my landlady] 

Aardman went on to great things and win Oscars, and Nick Park [Wallace and Gromit creator] joined in 1985.
The girls loved Morph too - we had a Morph Bendy toy - but eventually his squishy rubbery skin perished and sharp wires protruded and he was reluctantly removed from the toybox.
Bleated best wishes - I hope you had a great birthday Morph! Thanks for all the years of laughter you've given!
Below is the video released by AA in celebration!









1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Morph and Chas! They were so funny! I'm so glad you said what you did about Tony Hart-he really was a real gentleman and so gentle and quietly clever!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!