Saturday 7 February 2009

Oh Dear, I Missed It!!

In all the excitement of having a Snow Day on Thursday, I completely forgot to celebrate World Nutella Day!

nutella day

You can read all about it on the Nutella Day Website
Nutella®, in its original form, was first created in the 1940s by Mr. Pietro Ferrero, a pastry maker and founder of the Ferrero company. At the time, cocoa was in short supply because of rationing due to
World War II, snutella jaro chocolate was very limited. So Mr. Ferrero used hazelnuts, which are plentiful in the Piedmont region of Italy [northwest] to extend the chocolate supply. Nutella actually outsells sales of peanut butter worldwide! There are some great recipes on the website. Nutella has a low GI so is a good treat for someone who is on a diet! On a cold day, it is especially comforting spread on wholemeal toast, with a banana sliced on top.

2 comments:

  1. Someone just suggested Nutella to me for Will, who won't eat peanut butter (of course he won't--that would make my life too easy). I'm a little scared to have Nutella in the house, though, as I'm quite capable of polishing off a whole jar by myself!

    Happy World Nutella Day!

    frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must just stick a label on the lid saying "have WILL-POWER!!"
    That may encourage HIM to eat it, and YOU to resist.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!