Wednesday 20 May 2009

Who'd be a Baptist?

bu corevaluesAnother quick book review. But I am not mentioning any authors - they all seem to use Google Alert these days and comment when you have referred to their books! At Housegroup, we have recently started the 5 Core Values Study Book produced by the Baptist Union

There is a lot of material in each study - and I admit we haven't always done the 'activity' [too many of us in the group involved in childcare/education and already spending our daytimes cutting and pasting and stuff, so we aren't keen to do it in the evening as well!]  and Bob has been producing a helpful A4 sheet with extra relevant Bible passages and questions.

baptists_are_weird But the studies are good at helping us to establish where we are coming from and giving us a framework for explaining that to others.

Perhaps we should get ourselves some tee shirts from this site.

Thanks Julie for the link!

 

trust_me_im_a_baptist_tshirt

2 comments:

  1. For some reason no one can seem to understand I undertook the 'Baptist History & Principles' course at the same time as my husband, during which I also studied the '5 core values'...

    I like the 'baptists are weird' t-shirt, but I'm not sure I'd wear it outside of church!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is Baptist--Southern Baptist, which is its own country. I'd like to get him the "Baptists are Weird" tee shirt, but his mom would kill me!

    We attend a Moravian church, which is as close as a Baptist and an Episcopalian are going to get to a compromise. Still, I suspect that deep inside, my husband will always be Baptist. I think it's hard to shake once it's inside your system!

    frances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!