Friday 27 August 2010

Plum Crazy!

I visited a friend this morning to deliver a little bit of sewing she had asked me to do for her. She paid for the fabric – then kindly gave me some plums as well. I’ve put them in my lovely dish from Crail Pottery [here]

DSCF0005

And I remembered this brilliant poem…

THIS IS JUST TO SAY…
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast
Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
[by William Carlos Williams]

3 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. You could substitute any number of things for 'plums' there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try writing that poem out in normal lines and then reading it - it seems quite impolite.
    (I was given it in that form when I was studying interpreting and looking at different types of writing. When I was then given it set out as above it took on a totally different meaning...)

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!