Full marks to
- HMV - where we got the DVD of Cloud Atlas [Bob's wanted this for ages] and the latest Rend CD- and because of a Sales Offer, got the DVD of 'Theory of Everything' as well. And the assistants were brilliant, they knew exactly where things were in the shop.
- John Lewis - Bob's got his new Satnav at last. I am not saying the original needed replacing - but we were unable to navigate to anywhere which had any of the letters S-Z in its name or its postcode!
- Maplin - replacement soldering iron in the sale
- M&S - underwear [and not the usual boring plain stuff either]
- Castle Mall Post Office, for its very efficient self-service section [no queue]
I also found in Thorns the replacement gasket for my pressure cooker, and in Jarrolds I finally got the candles for my Swedish Tree [also 30% off in the sale] so they will be going in the box ready for next Christmas.
For lunch we went to Clark and Ravenscroft's Deli - Alexandra Ravenscroft, one of the owners, is the daughter of the late, great John Peel.
The food is really good - and they make the sandwiches to order [so you can have red onion marmalade instead of tomato chutney, if you like!]
Another successful day in one of my favourite cities - exploring the lanes and enjoying the sunshine.
And that is my sales shopping done for another year - thanks to all my nearest and dearest who made it possible!