Thursday 17 December 2015

Oh My Darling Clementine

I love all the little citrus fruits that you get at Christmas - mandarins, clementines, tangerines - I am never sure which is which. So often the supermarkets seem to just label them 'Easy Peelers' [which reminds me of simple Victorian Policemen!] I've recently come across this quick, easy recipe in various places, with different tweaks - but here is the one I made earlier in the week. The recipe does 4 portions, so we each ate one and kept one to have on another day. You do need a food processor and a microwave though
Microwave Clementine Puddings
  • 2 small clementines [reserve 4 segments]
  • 90g butter
  • 1 large beaten egg [or 2 small, but only use about ¾ of the liquid]
  • ½ cup caster sugar
  • ½ cup self-raising flour
  • ¼ cup ground almonds
Grease four individual plastic pudding moulds
Cut clementines into quarters and remove any pips [but do not peel them]
Put all the ingredients into a process and blitz till smooth
Divide between the four bowls, top each with clingfilm
Stand on a Pyrex plate, microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Turn out into serving dishes
Garnish with mint or a clementine segment
Serve with custard, cream or natural yogurt
This makes a moist sponge pudding, with an amazing orange colour, and a tangy citrus taste.

4 comments:

  1. They look delicious! Must give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that's right about the easy peelers; we are even going to lose the names of things now! The easy peelers don't hang around long enough chez nous for pudding potential, but I am noticing your Joshua verse at the side for the first time and I can tell you that it is filling my heart x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look very novel. I'm saving the recipe to try later. Thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Angela - this fits in with my newest Food on Friday theme - I hope you bring them over to the party. Merry Christmas! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!