Friday 8 July 2016

Magic Lantern!

RAPPT
Lantern for block candle, in/outdoor white 

£16
The warm light from the candle shines decoratively through the pattern on the lantern.

When I was in IKEA on Monday with my friend [also called Angela] I saw this lovely lantern,and could just imagine it on the decking at Cornerstones as we sat out in the evening. But £16 is £11 outside of my 'casual spend' limit. Then I saw the green ones were reduced. Only £6 - or £5.40 to Family Cardholders. That's more like it. I decided to treat myself.
But the one on display was the last in the store- so there was no box and the reduced label was glued on. "Ask in the Bargain Basement- sometimes they'll reduce the last one if it is the display model" said the helpful assistant.  
Which is how I managed to get a £16 lantern for just £3! that's more than 80% reduction!











Here are two important tips for you if you shop in IKEA
1- never be afraid to haggle, sometimes they say'No, sorry' and other times they knock something off the price.
2- if you buy IKEA display items, those round white discs are stuck very firmly. I have found that the easiest way to remove them, with minimal damage to the item, is to ease them off with a piece of dental floss. It will slide between disc and item and should lift it away with no residue.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a fabulous bargain!!!! Lucky you! Your dental floss tip is a good one!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those lanterns. You lucky lady getting one for £3! enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bargain and a handy tip. Thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! fantastic bargain.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!