Thursday 7 July 2016

Rose Coloured Spectacles Again

I have my new glasses.  For once, Bob was at the opticians with me, and he helped choose. So these are quite unlike the fairly simple, safe wire frames I have always had in the past. These have rose coloured sides - and the fronts are brownish pink plastic.



And here they are being worn - I have just had my haircut too, so I am feeling fairly glamorous today!






















Do other people have problems choosing spectacle frames? Obviously I cannot see clearly what they look like when I try them on, because they don't have the right lenses in. And then my lenses cost so much that I can't justify spending a huge amount on designer frames.
I think I shall like these though, they feel very comfortable to wear. Sadly, I no longer have to consider if they will be comfortable under my motorbike helmet.

Here's a comparison shot - 18th May next to 6th July


17 comments:

  1. Yep, you do look very glamorous. The new glasses are really nice.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new glasses really suit you.

    I am braving the opticians today, I haven't been for a very long time, but I have promised to take care of myself so I forced myself to make an appointment. Like you my lenses are so expensive - I have them thinned so I'll have to see what they can offer me in terms of something attractive yet not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference! They look super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the new glasses look on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new is better! Well done you - and Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much improved! Like the way they go with your hair colour too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the specs ~ you have such good taste ~ mine are similar ~ lol.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Angela, I find it really helps to have a family member when choosing frames.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks - you are all so kind. Hope you succeed with your visit, ThriftD, and find good frames too. They cost so much,, it is important to find ones you are happy with

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great. Reading glasses only for me so it's an easy decision - expensive glasses at the optician's or Poundland...it's a no brainer...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, Angela. An excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The glasses look great and so do you! My optician uses an iPad to take a photo of me in new frames then I put old glasses on to have a look, really helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT is an intelligent approach - No wonder your glasses always suit you so well!

      Delete
  13. They are really nice!!!! You do look very glam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great. What a difference a frame makes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!