Wednesday 14 December 2022

Postcard Project Progress

I have been very remiss about reporting the work done on our project. I sent back my last parcel to Kirsten without showing the October stitching she'd done, and my addition. And now four weeks later, we have exchanged again. I'd better get a wiggle on [this is apparently a phrase from the USA, published in 1891, in the poem 'The American Psalm of Life' which begins "Get a wiggle on my lad, don't walk at a funeral pace..."]

Here is a lovely circle of Autumn leaves, stitched by Kirsten

My November was very taken up with producing stuff for my sale, and that included lots of bird brooches. So I added a bird to the linen rectangle

In November both Kirsten and Bob celebrated their birthdays. I had mentioned the coffee cake I'd made for my beloved. Kirsten made herself a coffee cake too. Then she re-coloured a chart she had for a birthday cake cross stitch, and here is the result

She tells me that the stitch round the edge, holding the Aida to the foundation cloth, is Bosnian Stitch. It is done in two stages, firstly the verticals, then the diagonals. Kirsten chose variegated thread for a 'party' feel!

I have an idea for my Christmas stitching, but it will have to wait a bit. I've yet to ice my cake. Kirsten included a lovely package of crafting materials - having been to a workshop, she thought the resulting activity might be something Rosie would enjoy, so generously supplied me with fabrics and an instruction sheet. 

Watch this space...
Have you done any Christmas crafting?

Kezzie  has produced some great Christmas trees from recycled paper and cardboard - if needle and thread is not your thing, do check out her blog for great papercrafting







16 comments:

  1. I've started my Christmas sewing for the postcard project, but as usual progress has been erratic due to distractions along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching. This year I needed a complete change from my usual card and yarny crafts so I ventured into the world of handmade soapmaking. I'm loving this new activity which is just a hobby for me, but I can gift the results to family and friends which is nice.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I amde a Christmas tree wall quilt for a dear friend who is in memory care this eyar so she'd have a bit of Christmas cheer in her little room there.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project! Your leaves are really beautiful! Kirsten's cake looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twas I, Kezzie x
    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching from both of you and the little bird is sweet. Kezzie's forests of Christmas trees are so simple and so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all lovely crafts. I used to do ribbon embroidery, but haven't in a long time. I've decorated two nieces' wedding dresses with flowers, both over ten years ago. I wonder if I'd remember how to stitch the flowers! I think that expression of wiggle on was left behind in the 19th century! I've never heard of it. Maybe it's regional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ribbon embroidery on s a beautiful craft - how lovely to decorate those wedding dresses. I heard the wiggle expression more in the Midlands than in Dorset. Perhaps it is regional

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some beautiful stitching! So far, my only Christmas crafting has been making cards.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!