Tuesday 14 November 2023

Fully Booked!

Today I am going to be at the new Flow Craft Café running a workshop to make Japanese flowers.  I am really quite excited about this

It is 'fully booked' in two senses - one, that every space is taken , and two, that these flowers are made from pages of old discarded books.
As well as preparing the materials for each participant to make their own bouquet of six blooms, I have also been putting together packs for my 31:13 shop..
These flowers are very simple to make, and so effective. Once you have the basic technique, you can create flowers in different papers, and decorate them in all sorts of ways.

The packs from 31:13 contain everything except the stems and the glue - which are easy to source locally. They will make great gifts for crafty friends too as they are easy to post.
I will let you know how the workshop goes.




26 comments:

  1. I hope it goes well! It sounds a delightful workshop and well done for spreading the Ang magic! Am sure you will be a success! Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to make these a couple of years ago and we also use old maps and road atlases in the group. I managed so gather enough bamboo skewers from friends to use a the stems for each of my groups. We also used them as parcel toppers by glueing carefully onto a small piece of card. I find them mindful to make and people love receiving them as a gift. I would think your kits will sell well-perhaps take some for sale at the class? Happy crafting. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live the ideas about maps and parcel toppers. I shall share those with the group. Yes, I've put some packs in my bag in case people want to buy a kit to take home or give to a friend

      Delete
  3. I hope the workshop goes well and that everyone has a good time. Those flowers look lovely. Love FD xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating workshop that will be, do take photos of the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the day goes well. The flowers look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your workshops go well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look lovely! I'm sure your crafters will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you. Sara from Dragons Den started out crafting and look at her now!! Go you.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice - looking forward to seeing more
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure the work shop will go well and people will be happy to make such lovely flowers! Some years ago I was at a gathering where we made angels from old books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old (unwanted) books are a great resource

      Delete
  11. What a lovely idea! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! So great to recycle the old pages like this.
    LoveJanF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful for you to share your creative talents with eager students! I think creativity is a part of happiness.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ang! How fun! So clever - YOU! xo Pom Pom

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!