Thursday, 10 September 2026

A Stitch In Time?

Except 24 years is quite a long time for starting&finishing a project! Back in 2002 we were on holiday in Florida with another couple, all paid for by Argos [long story, 4 places won in Prize Draw, and they kindly invited us to join them] 

As we strolled through the huge Mall, I saw a Victoria's Secret store. I grabbed Kathryn's arm "Come on! I've always wanted a garment from this shop!" There was a lot of interesting lingerie, some of it quite attractive. Most of it too expensive. But there in the sale section was a grey nightie sealed in a bag, for $5. It said "Medium" and on the front was embroidered a n g e l in pink.
 "I shall take it home and stitch the final A to make Angela" I declared. I have worn that night frequently ever since. It has taken me till last week to do this task! 
Better late than never! I am pleased with my hand stitching though.

I love this garment, it is really cool in hot weather. But it measures 28" across the bust! Does a 56" chest really count as Medium in the USA? 

What is your longest WIP? (Work in progress)

They have a store in Norwich now - but I don't imagine I shall ever buy anything in there!

4 comments:

  1. I bought a Victorian style nightie 30 years ago and it was always too long, I cut 6 inches off it last year. when I nearly tripped on one of my night time loo visits, I' haven't hemmed it yet, but its on a pile of other clothes waiting for a stitch or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30years is good going (and still unfinished)

      Delete
  2. My entry for the oldest UFO is a patchwork which I started in 1975.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect at 51 years your patchwork may be the winner here!!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!