Saturday, 12 September 2026

Did It Work?


๐Ÿ‘’๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘–๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿงข๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿฉณ๐Ÿงฆ
Last week, I shared my Sudoku Packing Plan. The idea was to take a selection of separates which would combine to make various outfits. Did it work? Mostly yes. But there were a few mistakes.
  • I hadn't realised it would be so hot or that I'd spend so much time I  the pool. One, not two, pairs of trousers would have worked along with the shorts [see below].
  • I took a pair of brand new shoes, and developed a blister.
  • Having use of a washing machine meant I could have managed with far less underwear and fewer  tops. 
  • I never wore the blue sarong/scarf at all. 
  • I somehow only packed one pair of socks, but Bob let me borrow a pair of his trainer socks
Good things
  • At the last minute I tucked  my shorts in the case. These got worn a lot. 
  • I was able to create various outfits - very satisfying. 
  • The lightweight cotton robe [for breakfast in pj's, or sitting round the pool] was quite superfluous, worn once.
  • The folding M&S sun hat and CS baseball cap both got a lot of use
  • The jewellery suggested by my Family  Fashion Advisers meant I could dress things up or down.
I realised I was feeling more confident about my shape than I've been for ages, even though I weigh a little more than I'd like. So I splashed out on a new bikini. I have not had a bikini since 1978!
Wendy took me to her three favourite clothes stores- I came away with a smart top [on my wardrobe wishlist] and a cool linen-mix dress [to wear next time I visit Cyprus?!] She is very persuasive! 
Bob bought a lightweight cotton collarless shirt, cooler than his teeshirts [both in fabric and styling!]. His fleece remained unworn until we got back to England in driving rain, in the early hours of Friday morning.

Main lessons learned 
  • I hadn't allowed for the hot weather, which made it was so easy to wash and dry things. Wendy was really helpful, and so I was able to do a final wash first thing on Thursday morning, and therefore had a suitcase full of clean clothes to bring home!
  • Next time I go, I will pack two or three dresses - although my trousers were linen, and elasticated waist, they still felt quite hot. My long skirt was cool and breezy.
๐Ÿ‘’๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘–๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿงข๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿฉณ๐Ÿงฆ
I will use this method again. 
Other holiday pictures to follow later... 

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like your packing method worked pretty well
    And congratulations on the bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl in your bikini. You look fab. I find trousers really hot in very hot weather even linen ones. I will definitely use your packing method when we go away next. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer loose clothing in hot weather so I am on the lookout for more dresses for future heatwaves! I bought a dryrobe in a sale in June and it has yet to leave the wardrobe! Glad you had a lovely time with your friends. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will get a lot of use from the dry robe soon. My friend wears hers on Sundays when she walks to church in the rain!!

      Delete
  4. Coming home with clean clothes is a bonus! The bikini looks fab & it's great you feel confident in it! I'm afraid I am a cover-it-all-up girl, but have a swimming costume that I feel happy in, so that's good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bikini is comfortable to wear and also to swim in. And the costume I took with me is a little snug, and bought pre-pandemic. So I didn't feel too bad buying a new one.

      Delete
  5. Niiiice bikini - looks great on you!
    Well done on great packing! Yes, I find floaty, breezy things much better when it's super hot. My favourite is an & Other Stories cotton dress which has a low cross back and I wear it loads when hot!
    I hope we get to see the new items /!
    I meant to ask you if you passed a Bookshop called The Bookish Loft when you were there at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw ANY bookshops. Wearing my new dress round the house today. I think it may need a shortening just a little.

      Delete
  6. There's no doubt that when it's very very hot a loose fitting tent dress is the most comfortable. I intend to make myself some over the long, dark days of winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loose dress was a certainly a popular style in Cyprus

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your body confidence, that bikini is fabulous on you. I guess this method of packing does need a trial run, you will be able to adapt things the more often you use it ... which is a good excuse for a few little holidays.
    Isn't it amazing coming back with a suitcase full of clean clothes to put away, especially at this time of year when line drying is about to become more difficult. I've only managed this once or twice in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the use of washing facilities helped. I have frequently got home and spent the following day doing mountains of laundry

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you mostly packed well for your trip. I'd rather have too many clothes and not need them than have too few and need another item to change into. You look great in your new bikini. Yay for feeling confident about your body shape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm packing suitcases over the next few days so I shall be playing the Suduko version myself. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was helpful , and I have certainly learned lessons for 'next time;

      Delete
  10. How exciting to branch out into a new bikini (it looks great), and find some other new clothes. Sometimes it needs a friend's influence to help us to find our confidence. So glad you had good weather and lots of pool time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have been so positive about the bikini, which is both kind and really encouraging

      Delete
  11. Should I say the bikini looks fine? It does, good for you. But really, people don’t notice.
    I had the washing sorted in plastic bags in the luggage, ready to go into the machine, just as soon as the kettle was on for the first cup of tea when we got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That first cup of tea at home is always SO welcome, isn't it??

      Delete
  12. Glad the packing worked, it was well structured and that the holiday was great. Weather! I holidays in the UK this year in May. The first weekend was cold and wet and I bought an umbrella. Four days later the first heatwave of this year began and one day I used the umbrella a sunshade. That was the day I got back to the car to discover the temperature was over 30 degrees c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very creative ☔ umbrella /parasol ⛱️

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!