A few weeks ago, I treated myself to a pair of noise cancelling headphones. They have proved useful in lots of ways - helping me relax, enabling us both to sit in the same room, but listen to different music,
they are brilliant for listening to radio plays when the sewing machine is humming, and also managing my tinnitus.
So much has been happening in the last month. Some good, some bad, some joy, some sadness.
- Huge things, global issues - wars and wildfires.
- Political turmoil, comings and goings,
- Burnham and Binface, and more.
- The deaths of famous people, ordinary people, and friends and family I know and love.
- Unexpected illnesses.
- The Tunnock and Tardis at the Commonwealth games,
- Punch the Macaque [look him up]
- Happy moments with the family,
- Unstoppable, enthusiastic grandhildren
Sometimes these things can overwhelm us .The strapline on the ad for my headphones says "Tune the world out" and I confess there are days when I want to do just that. Singing this hymn to myself helps...
What calms your soul?


Deep breathing.... 'in with the good, out with the bad...' those headphones look useful...
ReplyDeleteSo comfortable, and getting used far more than I'd expected. These are Sony CH-WH720N (bought on offer from Argos) Not the cheapest on the market, but reliable, with all the facilities I want. "Buy well, buy once"
DeleteThat is the hymn I love best. We had it sung at my foster Dad's funeral and my Grandfather's too. Both wonderful men. Music calms my soul always, and a walk in countryside, or looking at the sea. Regards Sue H
ReplyDeleteπΆπ❤️
ReplyDelete