I just found these details about Royal Ascot, happening this week
Royal Ascot is probably the world’s most famous race meeting with an extraordinary history and tradition which dates back to 1711. This traditional and exciting horse racing event offers the perfect platform for entertaining guests or treating a loved one!
The Parade Ring Restaurant – Prices from: £1,200pp + VAT, your package includes:
- Royal Enclosure Guest Badge
- Reserved race view area adjacent to the Royal Box
- Petit déjeuner canapés and champagne reception
- Five course á la carte luncheon
- Selection of fine wines paired by an independent sommelier
- Selection of liqueurs, including vintage port
- Full afternoon tea
- Complimentary bar throughout the day including champagne and cocktails (until 30 minutes after the last race)
- One car park label per couple
- Racing newspapers
- Printed event documentation
£1200 + VAT for one day?? That is roughly the same as my food shopping bill for a whole year.
I wonder how much food is left uneaten at the end of the day? and is it discarded?
Or maybe they take it to a Foodbank? [yeah, right, I wish]