Thursday 19 June 2014

Friendship Blossoms

IMG_2482IMG_2483

DSCF4069

Our fuchsia bush is really looking stunning this summer. It was a gift, in 2000, from a lovely lady, Ellen Newbold. Ellen died at the weekend, whilst I was in Austria. Although she’d lived around Leicester all her life, at one point her Pastor was Rev Ivan Milstead who came here from Essex- the same man who baptised my Mum, and conducted my parent’s wedding. That link made a very special bond between us.

Ellen loved the old hymns, and often used to come and help when Bob and I conducted services in the Care Homes. Latterly she has been in a home herself, and not in good health. Now she is released from pain, and is rejoicing and singing in heaven.

RIP Ellen – my fuchsias will always remind me of you

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when our gardens remind us of friends. Much nicer than just the anonymity of a garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am sorry for her loss but glad for her gain. Howovely a memento x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stories that are behind things. To anyone else it's just a fushia bush but to you it'll always be Ellens fushia bush.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!