Friday 13 February 2015

Oh Crumbs! What To Do With Weetabitz

WeetabixIt was my own fault, I packed the remaining weetabix into a plastic box which was a little bit too big – and when I unpacked them, there were an awful lot of bits in the bottom, and 3½ biscuits intact.

We ate the biscuits for breakfast and I was left with a cupful of crumby bits. I made a variant on the traditional 1-cup All Bran Loaf.

  1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C
  2. Combine in a jug one cup each of AllBran [or weetabitz], flour, sultanas, cold tea – plus half a cup of sugar and one egg. Mix well.
  3. Pour into a lined loaf tin [or use a nonstick silicon one]
  4. Bake 50 minutes

P1000713That’s it. Serve in slices with or without butter. Its more dense than the A-B version, more like a bread pudding. But it is definitely comfort food for a cold day when you want a wedge of stodge with your cup of tea!

P1000714

Nothing to do with cake – but here is a picture of my lovely blue hyacinths which have just come into bloom.

Their perfume is gorgeous and fills the kitchen.

This house already feels very much like home. I feel truly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. It feels like a home because you are an ace homemaker ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the scent of hyacinths. It really gets me in the mood for spring
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that homey feeling that comes when things are placed about and baking smells fill the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my best meals have come from making do. Your hyacinths are beautiful and I can, almost, smell them from here.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!