Sunday 15 February 2015

Selah!

This Hebrew word crops up more than 70 times in the book of Psalms, and 3 more times in Habakkuk. Scholars are unsure about its exact meaning – but it is generally accepted that is is probably  along the lines of “pause a moment, and reflect on this” and is used as a musical term. I need a bit of selah myself right now. The last six weeks have been manically busy – sorting out the burglary, packing to move, moving, unpacking, sorting out wedding stuff, Bob’s Induction as new pastor, meeting new friends and neighbours, changing my address with all sorts of agencies.

Stop! Ang, take a deep breath…and reflect on things

Six weeks of total busy-ness…and on Wednesday we begin six weeks of Lent. Traditionally a time of reflection and preparation for Easter. We are hosting a Pancake Party here on Tuesday Night [Bob is doing all the cooking - come and see the Flipping New Pastor!]

A Pause in Lent FlossBut there are then six Sundays when I shall be doing my Pause In Lent posts. If you’d like to join in, please leave a comment at the end of this post, and I shall add your blog to the list in the same way as the Advent Pauses.

Stop – and have a think about it!

12 comments:

  1. It's very good to pause amidst the whirling and I will pause with you...although I don't have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please join us Charlotte - its great to know you are reading the pauses, you don't have to write them if you are not a blogger!

      Delete
  2. I'm taking part in 40 Acts again this Lent and will be blogging about it over at View From The Teapot...I imagiine that one a week reflection would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a blessed Lent (not sure if my first attempt at a comment worked!). Getting to know your new congregation will be a great challenge in its own right!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What first comment??!! Thanks for the good wishes- the folk here are very welcoming - but so many new names to learn! x

      Delete
  4. Oh good grief, we're only just past Advent!! However, I will Pause In Lent with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to pause in Lent with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll play x A very good friend of ours has started a little monthly get-together. Very gentle. Open fire, open house, call in, call out, some liturgy at an appropriate point. He is calling it Selah. A pause for quiet chat, thought, and God's still, small voice. I love that you have chosen this as a theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure it got to be Lent already, but will join in.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!