Thursday 16 April 2015

Bring Me Sunshine!

Pantone-Minion-Yellow-Minions

This is such a delightful piece of news, I thought it was worth sharing. Having muttered about Pantone’s rather dull choice of Colour of the Year for 2015 I am so glad they have just brought out a new shade, the first one ever to be tied into a movie franchise.

Pantone Minion Yellow

You can read more about it here

“Based on the Minions from Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me global film franchise, including the upcoming prequel Minions, PANTONE Minion Yellow is an illuminating, energetic, friendly and fun-loving yellow shade that immediately calls out to you.

Just as the sun’s rays enliven us, PANTONE Minion Yellow is a color that heightens awareness and creates clarity, lighting the way to the intelligence, originality and the resourcefulness of an open mind – this is the color of hope, joy and optimism," said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute.

Here’s hoping your day is a bright and sunny one!!

Pantone-Minion-Yellow-MovieLogo

9 comments:

  1. those minions are cute little things aren't they and the yellow is indeed a cheerful colour, not sure where I would use it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be sporting this shade- before, during or after the wedding???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of the above. But I do miss my sunny yellow kitchen and dining room in Leicestershire!

      Delete
  3. That is a cheery piece of news. Now all we need are Minion Dungaree Blue and Goggle Grey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love, love, love yellow and those minions. Cheery yellow for me all the way.

    Reminds me of one of my favourite waterproof jacket's and one time I had to choose colours for a class project. The only problem is the area I teach in has strong footballing allegiances and the groups were mixed genders. After scrapping around for suitable colours I glanced at my jacket and the Yellow and Purple groups were born. For years each class would ask why? about the colour choice......!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now yellow and purple is the UKIP scheme!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!