Monday 26 December 2016

Mint Spy?

If the delightful James Norton does hang up his dog collar and pick up a Walther PPK to become the new Bond, 
will that make him a Mint Spy? This random thought came to mind as I was considering the leftovers from last Monday
Bob has already turned the crudités and things-on-sticks into a brilliant stir fry. But there were still mince pies left over. I also had a couple of egg whites in the fridge [my biscuit recipe required two yolks]
I thought about this, and decided to dismantle 5 mince pies!
I put the pastry into a plastic bag, and the filling into a pyrex jug.
To the jug I added one large eating apple, diced. I covered jug with cling film and microwaved it for 90 seconds.
Meanwhile, I crushed the pastry in the bag to crumbs.
Then I spooned the crumbs into 6 ramekins and pressed things down with the end of my rolling pin.


The apple filling went onto the top of the crumb base, followed by meringue [ two eggwhites beaten with some sugar] This went into the oven for about 25 mins at 150° [I think next time, I shall have the oven slightly lower] And 5 mince pies made 6 little puds!

I love leftovers! Someone recently asked me what was my favourite part of Christmas Dinner, and I said it was the great meals made from the leftovers...Christmas Pie, Turkey Curry, Bubble and Squeak, pan fried Pud...


2 comments:

  1. I love how creative you are with leftovers. I tend to just eat the leftovers as they are!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!