Thursday 22 December 2016

The Coat Of Many Colours

When I went up into the loft for the Christmas decorations, I also fetched down something from my Treasure Box, and gave it a wash. It was a little jacket I made for Liz back in the early 80s. I had bought a bag of Laura Ashley Corduroy scraps for 50p and I'd also got a remnant of plain blue chintz. I cut out a simple jacket, with a Velcro front fastening. I appliqued a skyline on the front, and the back - day and night. Liz always called it her "Sun, Moon and Stars" coat.
I lined it with some leftover floral print from a maternity dress I had made a couple of years earlier- and for the cloud and moon, used scraps of leftover fabric from my wedding dress. One little house was open at the top, to make a pocket...

I suspect it will still be a little too big for Rosie, but I shall take it to her at the weekend anyway.
I hope that before too long, she will enjoy wearing it as much as her Mum did.


6 comments:

  1. I still keep a little dress that my mother made for my daughter. Teddy wears it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is such a delight!!! You are v clever and how nice to still have it!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful coat! I am sure Rosie will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! Good job, Ang!
    Thank you for the Christmas greetings. (BIG hug!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely. How wonderful to be able to pass it on to your gorgeous granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very special little coat!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!