Thursday 5 August 2021

Awaiting The Postman's Knock

Years ago, when I was a student in digs, the postman came really early. My landlady would put any post on the breakfast table. How I loved receiving letters from home, from family and from friends... 

PomPom in Colorado has decided that The Jolly Postman is due for retirement- and he really needs a wife in his old age 


- so she is sending him on a tour to find a wife. The three ladies who he met in Denver are here. He has travelled on to Mary Katherine, 

and met three more hopefuls...MK actually made a video about them. 

I confess to being slightly nervous - the bar has been set very high! But he will be here soon, and I shall see what I can do









9 comments:

  1. I hope he reaches you safely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - transatlantic packages are always a cause for concern imho

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I'm single....does he want a visit to New Zealand? I look forward to him arriving to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure he'll have lots of fun with you. Maybe Rosie could help with providing a wife for him...I can imagine lots of crafty activities going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a thought. She would probably want to suggest he marries a unicorn, or a lady cheetah!

      Delete
  5. Tell Margaret that Jolly can surely come to NZ if she wants to join in! YOU will give him a wonderful visit and remember we are all about grace and freedom and unique treatment of Jolly! The sky is the limit! You can collage some wife candidates, make them from felt or other fibers, or anything that sounds doable! Fret not! You could put typed text into his travel book (if you don't want to paint or draw) or any kind of "junk journal" type stuff! I am NOT an artist as you know! Thank you so much for being so enthusiastic, friend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've emailed M in NZ. And my artist daughter Steph is helping me!

      Delete
  6. Ah, this reminds me of when I hosted Mr Badger!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!