When I was in my teens, my Dad sometimes took me to the Lamb Inn in Norwich for lunch [its changed in the half century since, and not so good now, imho!] I was always amused when you went downstairs to the loo by the witty sign on the wall.
My Banner-making instructions are here. When you plan a sign, always get someone else to check it before you print, paint, or stick.
I will never forget laying out fabric letters on a sheet. I was working from the top edge, whilst cousin Gill lay on the sofa. [to keep her feet off the floor] She watched me silently, then said "Ang - you do realise your banner says WELLING BATSPIT CHRUCH don't you?
I will never forget laying out fabric letters on a sheet. I was working from the top edge, whilst cousin Gill lay on the sofa. [to keep her feet off the floor] She watched me silently, then said "Ang - you do realise your banner says WELLING BATSPIT CHRUCH don't you?




Haha, that's so funny about the sign!!!
ReplyDeleteπ€£π€£π€£
DeleteI would definitely visit a BATSPIT CHRUCH! π Regards Sue H
ReplyDeleteπππ
DeleteThat is so funny! Carole R
ReplyDeleteπ€£π€£π€£
DeleteI think a sign might get more attention if it has a mistake in it! JanF
ReplyDeleteYou have a point there!
DeleteToo funny about the signs. But, what I really want to know is, how do you make the time to do all what you do?
ReplyDeleteI do the stuff I enjoy first (sewing, making signs, visiting friends) and leave the ironing and dull tasks till later. And I have a very tolerant husband, who does his share of the cooking and clearing up - and doesn't complain about bits of fur on the carpet!
DeleteThank goodness Gill was there to offer a little advice!
ReplyDeleteI really miss her some days. Can't believe it's 5 years since she died
Delete