Saturday 16 August 2008

Water, water, everywhere...

Back at the Holiday Inn. Hallelujah! We have had almost continual rain, and despite our economy drive and attempts to camp, the weather has forced us into B&B now and then. Landladies have bemoaned the freakish weather and sadly 3 people have drowned because of it. God has been good to us, and we have been kept safe travelling on some awful roads in really bad riding conditions.
VERY early start tomorrow to get the ferry and then a long drive back home from Holyhead. Met some great people, seen some wonderful sights and eaten a variety of ...err... interesting foodstuffs!
Will have lots of wonderful stories to relate on our return - but not too many photos.
It has been good to get text messages from friends enjoying sunny, dry holidays - we look forward to being dry again!
Exceedingly grateful to Bruce who impressed upon me the necessity of PROPER biking clothes. I a sure I would be even wetter and colder without my trusty Belstaff jeans and Danese jacket! feeling less grateful to Grace [aka The TomTom SatNav] which got damp and has been playing up since last weekend. Hoping a dry night in a hotel room will sort her out.
Its Grace that brought us safe thus far, and Grace will lead us Home!!

2 comments:

  1. How I wish you had the great weather we had in Alaska. :)

    Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you! Please stop by my blog and pick it up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!