Sunday 7 December 2014

Pause In Advent #2

pause in advent

Two amazing experiences this week

A student working in my school came to find me in my classroom one lunchtime, and asked if she could question me about my faith. She had to prepare a piece of work for college on the theme of “Does God exist?” She had interviewed non-believers, and disillusioned ex-believers, and still needed to find someone who did believe in Him. Colleagues had pointed her in my direction [I wonder why?!] It was really fantastic to be able to share my faith with her - it was a great boost to my day.

 “I just need to say that this Christianity thing isn’t about religiously following a set of rules, it is about having a personal relationship with Jesus. And He is awesome!” I told her “and can I pray for you tomorrow, when you have to present this?” She seemed  pleased I had said that, and sent me an email later of what she had written, then subsequently emailed to say she’d got really good marks. It was lovely to feel I had been able to help her.

clip_image002

A couple of days later, at my other school, I was rehearsing the nativity play with some four year olds. One child said her [very carefully memorised] line

"And they came to the stable and found the new born King"

and the child beside her spontaneously exclaimed "How great is that?!

Jesus is indeed awesome

10 comments:

  1. I love both of these stories! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great it's amazing! Fab post really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Angela! You always remember Him. I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stories-it's so good to have a chance to share Christ. I'll bet that young lady will remember your words to her and prayers for her for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to post such an inspiring 'pause' .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that little child's explosion of joy!

    Like Maggie your post made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great when God bursts through unexpectedly

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you pointed out that Christianity is about relationship, not rules!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great are both these things! How great are you x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!