And then I had an idea... I used to have drawer dividers in my undies drawer. But when we got Cornerstones, that piece of furniture went to Norfolk, and the dividers are no good for the drawers I use now.
But they are just the right size for the box from my new clothes airer. I cut out a panel from the front, inserted the dividers, and strengthened the corners with some red gaffer tape.
And now my wool is neat and tidy and ready to use. Thinner sock wool/4ply towards the top, and DK at the bottom. There are a few tiny balls tucked in round the edge. No more wool to be purchased until this is all used up!
Now to re-assess my knitting needle collection!