Monday 20 May 2019

My Coronation Day

Today I am taking things very gently. I have an appointment with my dentist to have my crown fitted. Considering how much it costs, I am a little disappointed to report it is neither gold, nor jewel encrusted!
I'm not very good at the Dentists. I don't enjoy injections, and hate the drill. I usually close my eyes and recite hymns and Psalms and poetry in my head, to take my mind off what is going on in my mouth. 
In preparation for the crown, temporary work was done a fortnight ago on the offending molar. 
My dentist, a kind and capable woman, said I was not to chew food in that area, nor even brush the tooth. She mimed swishing mouthwash "for one whole minute" with my head tipped to one side. 
In the privacy of the bathroom, I have undergone facial contortions which make me look like a demented parrot.
And at mealtimes I find myself humming "Always chew on the right side of mouth..." I shall be glad when it's all sorted.

4 comments:

  1. Hope your coronation goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do apprecuaite your sentiments here as I have had to have two crowns this year. With the other work done by my dentist recently, I am start to feel that I am paying his mortgage single handed...……..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that all went well. I used to deal stoically enough with any dental work, but recently I find it all so wearing, the noises so distressing.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!