Monday 8 January 2024

Start The Week With A Smile*

 

You must have heard about anxious citizens reporting a fire at the top of Blackpool Tower- which [fortunately] turned out to be just orange netting flapping in the wind. The prize for wittiest response on X/Twitter goes to Specsavers
Over the holiday period, with many visitors and much eating, I was truly grateful for my dishwasher, and the guests who were so helpful. As I stood with Liz in the Futility Room, and what seemed like dozens of dirty plates, she said "I read that in every partnership, one person loads the dishwasher like a Swedish Architect, and the other like a Demented Raccoon" I have been chuckling to myself ever since about this!
Last week, Jess and I went across the street to deliver her Thank You Card to Brooke, our neighbour. On the way back, Jess wanted to stop and check on baby Jesus. We talked about the people round the manger, and the animals [a sheep, and an owl] Jess said she liked animals and named a few, so I asked which animal was her favourite. "I like all teachers" she said. "That's good" I replied [ being a retired teacher myself. But am I an animal?] Then I suddenly realised, she had said "I like all creatures" [I understand Specsavers do hearing tests as well now] 
*I will endeavour to smile today, but I have a dental appointment first thing. Bob is kindly driving me there, in case I feel groggy afterwards. 
UPDATE just back from dentist. Tooth repaired and refilled - no charge as previous filling fell out within the week. HOWEVER if this filling doesn't hold, it may have to be extraction and replacement. THANKYOU all for kind comments



18 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the teeth appointment! I hope it goes ok. That's funny about Specsavers-I can see how the netting does have flame-like qualities in that picture! Jess is sweet!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Specsavers have some very funny comments. I wonder if they have a special section/person who thinks them up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning from the demented racoon half of our marriage! I love Jess’ reply to you about the creatures-that’s such a lovely thing for a small child to be able to articulate. Good luck with the dental appointment. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not THAT demented! PS I emailed you

      Delete
  4. Hope the dentist is kind to you. I find as I age my teeth are "crumbling" somewhat. My dentist says it is thinning enamel. Ho hum yet another minus to getting old. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this and yes, I'm the demented raccoon in our place too 😀
    I think I've probably got thinning enamel and dodgy gums, but thankfully I've now got an excellent dentist so should be able to hang onto most of my ageing teeth for a few years yet!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hang on to the dentist - they are like hold dust (or do I mean hen's teeth?)

      Delete
  6. It must be very useful to be a dentist or married to one. I am keeping my fingers crossed for your tooth, glad they didn't charge for the visit which was one advantage of the filling falling out so quickly.
    What a clever comment by Specsavers! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you marry a dentist, is he always looking down in the mouth 🤣

      Delete
  7. I love Liz's dishwasher comment. I copied it to our son and daughter-in-law. He is definitely the expert when it comes to fitting as much into the dishwasher as possible.
    I'm glad you got your tooth refilled and at no charge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people agree about the d/w thing. Yes I was glad the treatment was free too!!

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed by Jess' vocabulary!
    Glad your dentist didn't charge you for the refilling. My step father was a dentist - I had free dental care as a result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I continue to be amazed by the things she says. A proper little chatterbox

      Delete
    2. By the way, there was a raccoon outside my sliding glass door tonight - it had come to eat the cat food and Mama Cat was on high alert. I'm not sure how well it would have loaded my dishwasher, and I wasn't about to invite it in to try! :D

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!