Wednesday 12 May 2010

Cheque This Out!

Within eight years, the banks in the UK intend to abolish cheque usage. I am not sure this is a wise idea at all, and I think it may make things difficult especially for charitable groups, and for many older people who dislike using credit cards.

In the USA however, they are really into cheques - and you can have your own personalised ones. One blog I dip into occasionally is Karla's Korner -[here]  Karla Kornacher is a gifted Christian artist who has been designing cheques.

You can actually buy personalised chequebooks with Bible Verses on them! Here's the link

And here are some samples of Karla's designs

karlas cheques3

karlas cheques4

karlas cheques

karlas cheques2

If you were having cheques printed, I wonder what Bible verse you would choose? Luke has some useful financial texts!

Luke 12:59 I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny

Luke 16;13 You cannot serve both God and Money

Luke 16:6 And he said unto him, "Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write"

But never forget

Genesis 22;13 The LORD Will Provide

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! That wouldnt go down well in France. Banking is a very serious subject here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if my cheque was for my charities rather than my gas bill then I'd want my cheque to proclaim "God loves a cheerful giver" 2 Corinthians 9:7
    But my absolute favourite that I always come back to because it just covers everything in my life is - "with God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!!! They look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Matthew 18:32-33
    "I cancelled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow-servant just as I had on you?"

    Seems appropriate to the current financial situation.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!