Saturday 15 May 2010

Total Immersion

Yesterday I baptised my mobile phone. I shall spare you the details, but I will just say that with all those females and the brevity of the lunch hour, just one loo for the staff is not enough, and I was dashing to take my turn in the "smallest room"

wet phone My grateful thanks to the Year 6 boys who managed to get the back off and remove the battery and SIM card - and to Bob who has attempted all sorts of things to dry it out. But it is not working properly anymore.

So this afternoon I shall have to go into Leicester and replace it. Last time this happened the guy in the shop said about 50% of phones suffer death by drowning. Certainly my sympathetic colleagues were full of horror stories yesterday. Boscastle in the floods, a wine glass in Majorca...why did my phone have such a prosaic death?

But first, off to church for a Coffee Morning in Aid of East African Playgrounds.

2 comments:

  1. I always remember a grandaughter arriving here on a very hot day, took one look at the pool and went straight in, clothes and all....including phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no your poor phone and your poor wallet, hope you get a nice replacement

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!