Monday 20 September 2010

A Lot To Be Thankful For

Today is the birthday of my best friend Chris. Unlike last year, I cannot get over to Norfolk to celebrate with her. But here’s a great video about living in the country!  Happy Birthday Chris!

I cannot grow cress on a flannel, or sing in tune – but I did enjoy this song – the video was produced by a mother, her daughters and some friends and neighbours who live in Amish Country, Tennessee.

There’s green beans in the garden, clean clothes on the line

There’s little barefoot children playing neath the grape vine

The sun is shining bright and the creeks are bubblin’ too

We’ve got a lot to be thankful for

And Lord I want to thank you!

Chris grew up on a farm – I don’t think they had grapevines or a bubblin’ creek – but I know how much she loves the shire horses, so I’ve given her this Robin Smith print.

gentle giant

And I thank the Lord for such a good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!