Tuesday 31 March 2015

Flagging? Sort of…

Flagging : weakening, tiring, declining, waning, giving up,failing, sinking, decreasing, slowing down,deteriorating, wilting, ebbing, wearing, fading, faltering

That’s definitely how I was yesterday – but today I am much better, thank you [so many kind comments from you lovely people out there!] I can report that this morning the condemned pair ate a hearty breakfast [Bob made some porridge, a true comfort food in my book] Then he went off to see Steph [wedding stuff] and then on to his sister [Very Late delivery of Christmas presents]

P1000960P1000964

And he left me – still flagging – but in a completely different sense. I have been cutting out fabric all day to make the wedding bunting. I started the day with a heap of fabrics [selected from The Great Stash last year by Steph and Mark] and ended with a trug of triangles. On Saturday I had told Elaine that I’d got one set of Laura Ashley curtains which were too small to fit any of my windows, but I was reluctant to discard them. She suggested incorporating them into the bunting. An inspired idea – the green/brown/gold print fits beautifully with the “Woodland” theme of the wedding. The triangles will be double sided. I shall start sewing up tomorrow.

P1000962

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, those curtains would make a nice dress!! Bunting is also good!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going through my "works in progress/save this for future works in progess" pile today, and found some triangle pieces for bunting; just what I need to replace the faded bunting in our sitting room window. So I'll be flagging too; but not as much as you; it's a small window. Still, I'm sure yours will be a labour of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you like the idea but if you use your pinking shears to cut the triangles, you won't need to hem them and you could just stitch the two sides together with a running stitch on the outside? Clear as mud? Good Luck anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps forgot to say, glad you/re both feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are both feeling so much better. That bunting is going to be very impressive, are you making any other decorations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church and reception flowers, table decorations, reception 'favours', gifts for hen party girls...oh and a cake. But NOT the dresses. For once they are being sewn by the professionals!

      Delete
    2. luckily for me our daughter and her maid of honour were crafting queens, so all I had to do for her wedding was make 120 pots of raspberry jam!!

      Delete
  6. What a good idea, they will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better. This wedding is going to be a splendid affair - can't wait to see the photos eventually! You are all working so hard to bring it all together - what great team spirit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm flagging in your first sense today. All the issues around shifting are quite energy sapping not to speak of the collection of bruises that I am acquiring! Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling wiped out is no fun so I am glad you are picking up. The proposed bunting looks great and I wish you well in the making,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! a woodland theme sounds fabulous. Looks like you are going to be busy with all your makes. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better now.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!