Monday 16 March 2015

Wrist Rest

wrist rest

Maybe I should invest in one of these. You’ll be pleased to know I am back to two-handed typing again! On Friday my best mate Chris kindly drove me to the Fracture Clinic at the hospital in Norwich.

I had come up on the train from Dorset the night before – more will follow later about the weekend’s other activities. When I was growing up we went to the lovely old building which was the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital – but now it’s an izzywizzy stylish new hospital. I had excellent treatment there. God bless the NHS [He has to, I am not sure that our government always supports as well as it should]

N&N1N&N2

op gown

There was one dodgy moment at the hospital. I was given a number card [81] and sent to wait for my Xray. The nurse called ‘81?’ and I stood up. She looked at me and said ‘You’ll need to change into a surgical gown first’ ‘For a wrist X-ray?

At this point they realised they had given out two cards with 81 on, one red, one grey. What a relief, I hate those backless garments which remove all shreds of dignity from the wearers!!

Good news is my scaphoid is NOT broken [Hallelujah!] The doctor said that it was just a sprain, but resting it and wearing the splint diligently for almost a fortnight had been a Good Thing. I have been instructed to be sensible [me?!] and put the splint on again in the evenings if it aches over the next couple of weeks, but I should be back to full strength very soon.

Thank you everyone who sent kind wishes and prayers. Much appreciated. I will endeavour not to overdo knitting, typing, cycling, driving, and all the other things I have been missing.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to read that it is not broken after all - hope it feels stronger soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to hear that your wrist was not broekn, just take it easy, it will be weak for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news. Take care and rest it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that your wrist wasn't broken after all.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!