Sunday 3 April 2016

All In The April Evening

I know Easter was last weekend - but we passed some sheep in the fields earlier this week, and also we have had some beautiful sunsets too. I remembered this hymn we used to sing when I was a child







All in the April evening, April airs were abroad;
The sheep with their little lambs pass'd me by on the road.

The sheep with their little lambs pass'd me by on the road;
All in an April evening, I thought on the Lamb of God.

The lambs were weary, and crying with a weak human cry;
I thought on the Lamb of God going meekly to die.

Up in the blue, blue mountains, dewy pastures are sweet:
Rest for the little bodies, rest for the little feet.

But for the Lamb of God up on the hill-top green;
Only a cross of shame, two stark crosses between.

All in the April evening, April airs were abroad;
I saw the sheep with their lambs, and thought on the Lamb of God.










April evenings can be so beautiful and so peaceful...

1 comment:

  1. Again, I don't know that hymn, but it is lovely!X

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!