Monday 25 April 2016

Stash Busting...

...with a vengeance! Last week, I went into the loft and fetched down around a huge armful of scrap fabric.
And then I made dozens of bags - some large, some small - and all with elasticated tops. I used my overlocker to do the side seams, and finish the top edge. Then I folded over a casing and stitched on my regular machine. Then I spent a couple of evenings threading the elastic through.


In the end I only used up about 12 metres - but I am glad that I have found a useful purpose for it. You will have to wait till after the weekend to find out what that is. 

7 comments:

  1. Bags for packed lunch? For carrying hymnbook? For touch up make up? We wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodie bags? To hold small treasures? Looking forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, intriguing!!! Is it BAG bunting for a party in which the game is to pick a bag?!?!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feely bags? Sleeping bags for teddies? Shoe bags? Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ang. I am just letting you know that I have put up a post about your lovely friend who has just died and linked it through to you. I hope you are ok with it, please let me know if not. Love Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley - your post is super! Quite happy for you to link it to mine. I shall reciprocate

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!