Thursday 21 April 2016

The Power Behind The Throne

Today Queen Elizabeth is 90 years old. Her 'official' State birthday will be celebrated in June, but this is her 'real' anniversary. I pray she has a happy day with her family - children, grand-children and great grandchildren. There will, no doubt, be lots of celebratory books and TV programmes about this gracious lady, but can I mention just one. This book makes fascinating reading - and you can order it here, and read more about the contents. I love the picture on the front, approved by HM herself. It's as if she is glancing heavenward and thinking "At least YOU understand what this reigning job is all about - You've been doing it infinitely longer than I have" Thank you, Your Majesty, for all your years of faithful service to your God and your subjects. Happy Birthday

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a remarkable person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks as though she could have a quiet giggle at something. Wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Queen Elizabeth! I really like her. I'm going to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to get hold of it in the States - it is NOT being sold through bookshops [even the Christian Bookshops] as the Queen herself has said it may not be sold at a profit. You have to get it direct from the Publishers.

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!